My RANT. Okay, this is my first one and just so many things have been annoying me on this website, and its been making me so angry.
I love polyvore. I absolutely love it. I love coming home from school and going on it, and see all these amazing sets people have spent time on, and the inspiration that comes from it, and sometimes I see a nice comment on one of my sets. I love it. I am sorry if you find that anything offends you, and if you dont like it, then dont say anything. simple as that. that is kind of what my set is about.
1. Until I see sets saying FLAG FLAG FLAG. I click on the profile link, and I see pathetic attention seekers, posting sets with 1 item in, made by someone else, claiming they made it. They are ASKING for attention. Cant ONE person comment on the set, saying please delete, or you will be flagged as this is copied. If they are rude, simply say, if anyone else who comes across this set finds it as a copy, please dont comment but just flag. THEY WANT ALL THE COMMENTS. THATS WHY THEY ARE ATTENTION SEEKERS.
2. [This isnt really part, but oh well]. This 'On/Off' button. Personally, I dont want it. I think it is silly as people just leave their polyvore on because they dont share computers so dont need to log out. Also, it is NOT a social networking site. Why do people need to see if you are online? lets keep polyvore unique. if you want to know if someones online- PM them.
3. Roleplay/Chat sets. Ok, I cant really say anything about these- whatever floats your boat. BUT please can we make a separate section for them, because on polyvore, the only sections for them are FASHION, ART & INTERIOR DESIGN. I dont really want to come across them when I am looking at others sets- no offence.
4. Another thing annoying me- crediting pictures. OK, I understand if you spent time editing and clipping pictures or something, but saving one off google/print screening it and asking for credit... really? come on.
5. the big one. POLYARITY. What I think about it, is there are lots of people going un noticed. But, there isnt much we can really do about it, except, if theres someone great you have come across, why not post a link to their profile on their next set. But being desperate on all your sets and being like PLZ PLZ FAVEEE COMEENT wont help. Just be nice and polite, you will probably get more.
6. Quitters. Im sorry if you are leaving because people arent nice to you on polyvore, but thats what they thrive on. Knowing they have got to you. So stay strong and ignore them! also, polyvore isnt something that you can just 'quit'. If you need to focus on studies, or whatever, thats cool, you dont need to be on all the time- it doesnt mean you have to leave. You can pop on and make a set when you want its not an occupation. But if you are quitting, saying '... faves and i will stay' stop being desperate for faves, and stop trying to get attention. you werent really leaving.
7. Flagging. Asking someone to flag them because you dont like them anymore isnt cool. if they copy something, yes. if you go to school with them and they werent nice to you.. no. sorry, thats just what I think.
8. Formspring comments. Its nice to leave links to your formspring, I do. But when people comment anonymously saying your sets are awful, you are ugly etc, GET A LIFE.
ALL OF THIS CONCLUDES TO NUMBER 9.
9. Polyvore has turned into a hate site. I know its not everyone, but a lot of people. We spend so much time fighting and arguing at each other, and complaining about our lives, our friends, our boyfriends. All this drama has caused so many people to leave, polyvore is turning into a place to PUT PEOPLE DOWN and bully.
Get real. BE NICE AND POLITE AND CALM, OTHERWISE CHANCES ARE YOU WILL GET NO WHERE.
I am really sorry if you are offended by this- i just had to get it off my chest.
please let me know if you agree with anything i may have said.
or you can say anonymously on my formspring.